The objective of the Act is to improve the livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
Your Rights under MGNREGS
- With this job card you are entitled to apply for work at any time.
- If you apply for work, employment has to be given to you within 15 days.
- When you apply for work, make sure that you get a dated and sign receipt.
- If you do not get employment within 15 days, you are entitled to the unemployment allowance
- All workers are entitled to the statutory minimum wage.
For more information kind click this link MGNREGA
How To Apply
One can apply through the village employment council.